These are in no particular order but these are just a few ramblings I will never quite understand.
1. People who dress up as Santa, or anything Christmas-related for Halloween. What’s that about? I mean seriously, it’s bad enough I have to deal with a red-and-green overload once a year complete with excessive bells ringing and shitty Christmas music, the least you could do is spare me the early holiday cheer. I’ll never be drunk enough on Halloween so think this is okay.
2. People who wear children as backpacks. I understand your hands are full, you have a million and one things to do, and the diaper bag must weigh more than your baby, but I can’t help but burst out laughing every time I see this. At first I thought it was weird seeing people strap their kids to their chest, but having them on your back? I understand there are other cultures in the world who have been doing this for years but there’s something about a kid in an osh kosh snowsuit strapped to mommy’s back that weirds me out.
3. People who say bah-gel instead of bagel. Seriously.
4. People who post statuses on facebook claiming they’re deleting a bunch of their friends. No one cares, and I don’t really feel like my self-esteem has improved because you decided I’m worthy enough to creep what you had for breakfast. But thanks for trying to make me feel special, really.
5. Professors who make spelling mistakes. What. The. Hell. I understand older profs sometimes like to do things the old-school way, but I’m pretty sure spellcheck is available on most word processing and powerpoint programs.
6. People who ask me what I’m going to do with my degree, and automatically assume I’m going into teaching. Arts and culture are a huge part of society, just saying…
7. People who go tanning. All you’re doing is exposing yourself to UV rays that could potentially give you skin cancer. And you probably look like a nice orangey-brown. You know, the colour old cars rust around where they install the tires? Not a good look.
8. White people who say “nigga”. Actually, anyone who says “nigga”.
9. Rob Ford. Enough said.
10. People who ask other people to comment their pictures. Have some confidence! I’m sure you’re beautiful, and you shouldn’t need to bug other people to believe it.